root crontab bug? (Undocumented find -mount option)

Bill Reynolds breynolds at ucsd.edu
Wed Jun 5 04:40:00 AEST 1991

In article <2802 at brchh104.bnr.ca> ray at kea.am.dsir.govt.nz (Ray Brownrigg) writes:

>  <Long discussion on bug in crontab distributed by sun deleted>
>
> A few questions:
> 1) Has anybody else seen the problems described above? - there did not
> seem to be any followups to the original message, and I had to scour the
> archives back to last December to find the above reference.
> 2) Are there other well known solutions to the "can't stat" annoyance?
> 3) Any other comments, undocumented features, etc.
>
> Ray Brownrigg			ray at am.dsir.govt.nz

Yes, we have seen precisely this bug. We had no idea what was causing
our fileserver (sun 3/something SunOS4.03) to lock everybody out
now and then. After reading this post, I checked roots mbox, and sure
enough, there were the "can't stat" mail messages from cron. Thanks
for the info - I don't think we would have ever put 2 + 2 together to
get this little tidbit.