Two unrelated questions

The Mad Mathematician jap2 at gawain.cif.rochester.edu
Wed Jun 5 04:40:00 AEST 1991

I have two unrelated problems on two separate systems.

First, and more immediate, I am trying to add a Micropolis 1355
ESDI style to a MD21 with another of the same type already installed
and running.  I need to know what settings on the drives and board to
set to run on a Sun 3/60.  The board is currently set at SCSI ID 0.
On the back of the drives I see 8 jumper pairs, and what appears to
be a terminator resistor.  On the board I see a 8 dip switch panel.
ANY information would be helpful, as I am doing this without any
documentation.

Second, I have a Sun 386i running SunOS 4.0.3, and a program called
EPLUS.  We have an Okidata 400 (?) laser printer attached as lp1
to /dev/ttya.  We occasionally manage to freeze the print queue,
getting a message: 'Waiting for lock on /dev/ttya'
Nothing I do short of emptying the queue clears this up.
Any ideas on how to free the queue, or, preferably, prevent this
from happening will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Joseph Poutre, aka the Mad Mathematician
jap2 at gawain.cif.rochester.edu
Applied Digital Systems, 30 State St., Fairport, NY
(716) 377-7000