rfs_read errors

sae!ken at uunet.uu.net sae!ken at uunet.uu.net
Tue Jun 11 07:53:00 AEST 1991

Ever since we upgraded our Sun 3's and Sparcstations to SunOS4.1.1, we've
started getting occasional 'rfs_read: attempt to read from non-file'
errors on the consoles of our Suns.  We don't use RFS anywhere, but we do
use NFS.  Our SS1 ground to a halt the other day while spewing out these
messages non-stop.  A 'ps aux' showed the nfsd processes to using more
than 70% of the CPU.  This persisted even after several reboots but
stopped later in the evening for no apparent reason.

Does anyone out there have any idea what is going on?

Ken Dahl                                                 ken at sae.com
Software Architecture & Engineering, Inc.                ...!uunet!sae!ken
Arlington, VA                                            (703) 276-7910