sunview on 2 monitors (I want to launch in A to run on B)

Joe Smith jms at tardis.tymnet.com
Thu Jun 13 05:40:00 AEST 1991

In article <3427 at brchh104.bnr.ca> you write:
>This question concerns using sunview on a two-headed (two monitor)
>system.  I wish to start this application from a cmdtool on
>monitor A, and have it write its standard output into that cmdtool.
>However I would like it to open its base frame window and associated
>subwindows on monitor B.

Here's a hint:
	1) On one cmdtool on monitor A type "env >env.1"
	2) On a different cmdtool on monitor A type "env >env.2"
	3) Type "diff env.1 env.2", this says what differences to ignore.
	4) On a cmdtool on monitor B type "env >env.3"
	5) Type "diff env.1 env.3".

By doing the appropriate 'setenv' on A, the application should use B.

Joe Smith (408)922-6220 | SMTP: jms at tardis.tymnet.com or jms at gemini.tymnet.com
BT Tymnet Tech Services | UUCP: ...!{ames,pyramid}!oliveb!tymix!tardis!jms
PO Box 49019, MS-C51    | BIX: smithjoe | CA license plate: "POPJ P," (PDP-10)
San Jose, CA 95161-9019 | humorous dislaimer: "My Amiga 3000 speaks for me."