-g?

Ranjan Bagchi bagchi at zip.eecs.umich.edu
Thu Jun 6 00:17:00 AEST 1991

	Does anyone have any information about what exactly the -g
option on compilers does?  I'm working with SPARC assembly, and
although I've examined the output of cc -S, I've only been partially
successful in duplicating the effect on my own assembly code -- the
debugger knows what line I'm on, but can't read the symbols in my
assembly code.

	Obviously, I intend to automate the process...I've been
looking at gcc code, and have a half-written perl filter which does
the line marking, so if anyone has code or the information I need,
please help.  I'll summarize to the net.

	-rj