help: sendmail.cf for Sun Sparcstation 2

Andy Sun andy at phoenix.rose.utoronto.ca
Thu Jun 13 05:40:00 AEST 1991

In comp.sys.sun you write:

>Sendmail.cf for Sun Sparc 2
>===========================

>I am trying to setup mail for my new Sun Sparcstation 2.
>I am running NIS to obtain domain name services.  I am also
>running OpenWindows 2.

My e-mail to you bounced back. That's why I am posting this.

I ran into this problem when I configure sendmail.cf for one of our
machines (wild.rose.utoronto.ca). To get around that problem, I modified
both rules 6 and 0 (i.e. S6 and S0). A brief description of how to do it
is as follows:

(1) in S6, you convert all occurrance of lanka related names to the full
    IP address: That is:

		lanka.ccit.domain -> lanka
		lanka             -> lanka.ccit
		lanka.ccit        -> lanka.ccit.domain

    (you MUST parse the name according to the above sequence because the
    rules are parsed top-down). The field "domain" above is "arizona.edu"
    in your case (correspond to $=m)

(2) in S0, convert all occurrance of "lanka.ccit.arizona.edu" to <$LOCAL>.
    This will take care of the local mailing.

(3) Change "Dj" definition to use the full IP address, i.e.

	Djlanka.ccit.arizona.edu

This way, you should get full path in the return address. It's basically
treating local addresses as full path all the way until in S0 where it
will convert it to local. Hope it helps.

Andy