New low end SPARC

Joel N. Schulman schulman at edison.seas.ucla.edu
Tue Jun 11 07:53:00 AEST 1991

In article <3401 at brchh104.bnr.ca> schulman at madmax.hrl.hac.com (Joel Schulman) writes:
>I have heard rumors about a new low end SPARC
>product introduction this summer...

Here is some info obtained since I sent in my query: I just talked to a
Sun salesman who, reluctantly, told me a few facts about two new Sparc
IPC's that will come out in "2-3 months". One will be similar to the
present IPC but with a cheaper color monitor and will sell for a bit less
than the present one.  The other is a 27.5 mips machine that will sell for
a few thousand more than the present one. Couldn't get much more than that
out of him.

schulman at maspv.hrl.hac.com