Does SUN offer ksh (Korn shell?)

Vincent Fox gt1111a at prism.gatech.edu
Thu Jun 6 00:17:00 AEST 1991

fangchin at elaine54.stanford.edu (Chin Fang) writes:

>The subject pretty much says what I would like to know.  If Sun does not
>offer Korn shell, where can I get it?  BTW, I am using SUN OS 4.1.1 on
>SPARCstations, [1s, 1+s and 2s] I got ksh on DECstations and IBM RS6000s
>and would like very much to have ksh on SUNs as well

No, but I wish they would. You have to purchase a site license from AT&T.
This will get you source code, and you can then compile and use it on
anything at your site. I keep hoping more companies will include it. What
kills me is that many System V machines like SGIs don't come with it.
--
Vincent Fox (That's Mr. Bucko to you)|Georgia Tech, the only place where Friday
Georgia Tech, Atlanta GA             |is only two working days away from Monday.