registering keypress events under OLWM

J. Keith Alston jka at mris.larc.nasa.gov
Fri Jun 28 06:22:00 AEST 1991

Hello,
  I am writing an Xlib application on a SPARCstation 2. The application
  opens up a window, and draws some graphics in it. The graphic that I
  display is doing a continuous update until I do a button press. I also
  want this app to "pause" when I do a keypress. The problem is that
  when I run MWM the program accepts keypress or buttonpress events. But
  when I run OLWM the program will only accept buttonpress events. I get a
  beep when I press a key.
  I have the focuspolicy set to followmouse. Anyone out there have any idea why
  I can't register keypress events under OLWM?
				       Any help would be greatly appreciated,
				       Keith Alston
				       jka at snow.larc.nasa.gov
				       please respond via email