207 MB Drives in SS1(+)'s

Steve Simmons scs at iti.org
Thu Jun 6 00:17:00 AEST 1991

dav at gtc.com (David L. Markowitz) writes:

>There are two problems: power and cooling.  The SS2 has an added fan and
>air vents under the drives to handle the 207's.  You can definitely put
>one 207 in an SS1, or two 104's, but not two 207's (unless you add fans, a
>messy operation).

Being a paranoid sort, I'd dispute this.  The 207MB drive generates
a lot of heat all in one spot, possibly toasting whatever is under
or over it.  The SS-2 fan is specificly designed to draw heat away
from that spot.

I speak only from conjecture, of course.
--
"SPAM is a registered trademark of a pork product
 packed only by Geo. A Hormel & Co. Corp."