Shared Memory...

Andrew Pollard adp at ksg.cs.reading.ac.uk
Wed Jun 5 04:40:00 AEST 1991

Hello,

 I am trying to share a *large* array between processes (about 3-4 Meg), so
consequently I have had to split it into a number of 1 Meg chunks. What I
planned to do was to use the shmat call to map in each segment into memory so
as it appeared as one large array... although I keep on getting illegal
address errors. What I would like to know is, is there any way of asking SunOS
for a range of addresses that shmat will accept? ie "Tell me where I can fit
xxx bytes into memory".

Thanks,
 Andrew

PS. I don't know where this message will end up, so please reply via email.