sequence of events after a SLIP connection is established.

Eric Ho eric at picard.sbi.com
Wed Jun 5 04:40:00 AEST 1991

Hi,

Does anyone out there know what is the exact sequence of actions to establish
a slip connection (assuming of course, you've SLIP installed at both ends --
also assuming that you've a Sun at each end of the connection) ?
Do I have to get those modems that can store phone numbers on non-volative ram
or the SLIP distribution actually comes with utilities that allow me to get to
the modem and dial the number ?
I'm also interested in what comes next after the phone call/connection has
been established -- i.e. is there some other programs I need to invoke
(locally) then or I need to type in something or do some kind of login or what
?  I'm confused.

Any pointers much appreciated.

+ Eric Ho                          Email: eric at sbi.com
+ Salomon Brothers, Inc.  [SISS]   Phone: (201) 896-4356

+ Eric Ho                          Email: eric at sbi.com
+ Salomon Brothers, Inc.  [SISS]   Phone: (201) 896-4356