extract_unbundled as root, remote drive?

Greg E. Garland geg at beep.mis.semi.harris.com
Thu Mar 28 07:35:00 AEST 1991

Thanks for all the replies, but I guess I should have pointed out that the
name of the local host _was_ in the remote machine's /.rhost file.  (I
RTFM, honest! :-))

Finally solved the problem by changing the /.rhost file to a '+', (Anybody
want to log in? Too late, I've already changed it back).  This gave me a
small clue, and I found that putting the entire name of the local machine
into the /.rhosts file allows access, i.e., 'ms3.mis.semi.harris.com'
works but just 'ms3' doesn't.  Why the remote machine has to have a
different format from the others, I have no idea.

Greg Garland - Alive, occupying space, and exerting gravitational force

MS 62-024, Harris Semiconductor Sector, PO Bx 883,
Melbourne  FL 32905.  geg at beep.mis.semi.harris.com