Using a nameserver

Eric D. Williams ericw at asihub.autosys.com
Tue Mar 19 03:28:00 AEST 1991

I've just set up a name server (named), and it's working pretty good.  But
how do I get a Sun to use it?  I can set an Ultrix machine to query the
name server for hostnames (e.g. rlogin, ping).  This is done by editing
the file /etc/svc.conf.  What is the SunOS equivelent?  The SunOS manual
is very good at explaining how to set up name server, but not how to use
it (except nslookup).

     Eric D. Williams
     Cadence Design Systems               San Diego
     ericw at autosys.com                    Systems Group