HPLJ-III with PS and SUN

Woochang Jin wjin at csunb.cs.uh.edu
Sat Mar 16 08:44:00 AEST 1991

Our department is considering to buy HPLJ-III's with Postscript option.
But we would like to make sure whether it is working well with SUN
servers.

Normally, professors and students are using TeX or troff.  So, there
should be no problem with the postscript files generated by dvi2ps, dvips
or tr2ps. And we would like the printer to print out such files at
reasonable speed (We tested with TI micro laser and it printed the first
page after 10 min and after then almost 1 ppm).  Could anyone who is using
HPLJ-III with postscript give us some comments ?

Woochang Jin         Graduate Student,         Office - PGH574, PGH592
wjin at cs.uh.edu       System Administration.    Department of Computer Science
713-747-2130(home)   713-749-1748(office)      University of Houston