National Instruments GPIB-SPARC1-S / NI-488M

Mark Bradley markb at solbourne.com
Sat Mar 23 06:20:20 AEST 1991

In article <1906 at brchh104.bnr.ca> jeffz at corp.sun.com (Jeffrey Zank - SBus Software) writes:
>| Does anyone have any experience using this interface on a Sparc-1 and
>| SunOS 4.1?  I had it running under 4.0.3 but have had no success with 4.1.
>
>There are no technical reasons for why this would not work.  Their are no
>real differences between the 2 SunOS releases in this area that could
>effect this.  Call National and ask them what's up, i'm sure that they
>would like to hear about this.

Not necessarily so.  The tools supplied by National Instruments may be a
culprit, as in their original "unix" implementation, they expected certain
kernel structures.  If they did not exist (like string tables at the end
our Irix kernel), then the tools did not work.

Mark Bradley   (DoD#1100)		  Faster, faster, until the thrill
I/O Subsystems				of speed overcomes the fear of death.
Solbourne Computer, Inc.			--Hunter S. Thompson