CDC Wren V on SS2

Bruce Allen ballen at csd4.csd.uwm.edu
Sun Mar 24 22:32:00 AEST 1991

I am currently upgrading my SS1 to an SS2.  I have run into problems with
the disk, which is an external CDC Wren V 94181 (702 Megs).  The disk
worked fine on the SS1.  On the SS2, I have been unable to read or write
to the disk.  I get the error message

	eps0: SCSI Bus MESSAGE OUT phase parity error

when the parity is jumpered on in the disk, and the error message

	eps0: SCSI Bus MESSAGE IN phase parity error

when the parity is jumpered off.  According to the Wren manual, it can
recognize both Synch and Asynch SCSI.

I would be grateful to anyone who has suceeded in getting a CDC Wren V to
work with an SS2.

Bruce Allen
ballen at csd4.csd.uwm.edu