A sendmail question ..

Binod K. Taterway LUBKT at vax1.cc.lehigh.edu
Fri Mar 22 07:31:00 AEST 1991

(1) Lately, I have seen that the smtp connection to our  Sun server is
taking a long time (near around 20 mins). Some  one has suggested that it
may be due to a large password file. Presently, our system has near around
400 users (i.e., 400 lines in the  yellow pages password file).  This is
causing a lot of mailer to  abandon smtp connection.  Is there any way
around?  We expect the number  of users to  increase  to more than a
thousand.  Will that create an umanageable problem? BTW, we are using
sendmail 5.61/1.34, whatever those numbers mean.