Hitachi DK515C-78?

DW34 at phoenix.cambridge.ac.uk DW34 at phoenix.cambridge.ac.uk
Fri Mar 22 07:31:00 AEST 1991

I have a question concerning the behaviour of an external Hitachi
DK515C-78 hard disk. The specifications are {cyl 1354, alt 2, hd 14, sec
69}. The drive behaves perfectly well under OS 4.1 on my Sparcstation
1+GX. However, under OS 4.1.1 an identical drive (and my own) refused to
work on an IPC. This may have been due to a cable problem, but I am now
rather nervous about installing 4.1.1. Any comments?

Also, I wonder if anyone has reviewed the computer algebra program
Mathematica on a Sun? Finally, I am on the lookout for a public domain
molecular graphics package to produce "ball-and-stick" diagrams (or just
shaded balls) from a set of Cartesian coordinates.

    Yours sincerely,
                    Dr. David J. Wales