SCSI Drivers for SBus systems

Jeffrey Zank - SBus Software jeffz at corp.sun.com
Sun Mar 24 22:32:00 AEST 1991

> I want to add a SCSI WORM disk to a SUN desktop SPARCsystem, but don't
> know how to get/write a device driver for the disk.

Get the SBus Developer's Kit, it contains the following info to help you;

	Writing FCode Programs for SBus Cards
	Writing SBus Device Drivers
	SBus Specification, B.0
	Open Boot PROM Toolkit User's Guide
	SPARC Open Boot PROM Toolkit Reference Cards
	SBus Plastic Handle Sample
	SBus Backplate Sample
	Diskette with sample software drivers and utility programs
	SBus Developer's Kit Roadmap
	LSI Logic L64853 SBus DMA Controller Technical Manual
	LSI Logic L64853 SBus DMA Controller in Serial Communications
	Sun Common SCSI Architecture
	SCSI Implementation Guide
	SBus Hardware Application Notes
	SBus Technical Support Group Services
	SBus Enabling Products Summary

> The SPARC has something called, esp, EMULEX SCSI interface.  I beleave
> this can be used together with a target driver.

The docs above tell you how to write a target driver, it also contains a
sample SCSI target driver.

> I would be very greatful if someone knew where to get information on the
> subject. Or if there is some source code or template for writing a device
> driver that one can copy.

It's in the above kit.  For more information, contact your Sun Sales Rep
and ask about the SBus Developer's Kit (SBUS-DEV-KIT-II+, or 605-1307-01).

-jeffz-