Looking for Research Meterial on SUN.

xgr39 at ccvax.iastate.edu xgr39 at ccvax.iastate.edu
Tue Mar 26 08:00:00 AEST 1991

I am doing research on Sun Microsystems as a corporation, and I need to
know where I can find material to answer a question.  In particular, I
need to know approximately when Sun started doing research and development
of their first RISC microprocessors (especially the SPARC), and how long
it took SUN to market these microprocessors in finished systems.

I would appreciate any help I can get on this.  I check through all of the
reference material at the ISU library, but wasn't quite able to find much
on this, possibly because Sun may have still been a private company when
they started development of their RISC microprocessors.

 / Marc Barrett      \  BITNET:   XGR39 at ISUVAX.BITNET      /
/  ISU COM S Student  \ Internet: XGR39 at CCVAX.IASTATE.EDU /