File completion in csh

Guy Harris auspex!guy at uunet.uu.net
Fri May 10 09:05:00 AEST 1991

>Does anyone know how to make the command tool run in non-canonical mode
>without doing the rlogin?

Not without whacking the terminal subwindow source.

>Perhaps a better question is: Does anyone know when we can expect Sun to
>fix cmdtool?

I don't expect the SunView version to ever be fixed; SunView is old news
at this point.  They may fix the XView version at some point, although I
don't expect to see such a fix before Sun's S5R4-based release (the S5R4
pseudo-tty mechanism supports "ioctl snooping" better than does the old
SunOS pseudo-tty mechanism, although I'm told there are bugs in the S5R4
stuff as it comes from AT&T).

Note that while better "ioctl snooping" is necessary, but it is not
sufficient; the command tool would have to know how to properly handle
TIOCSTI'ed characters when echo is off.