Ditroff

Mike Ewan mike at raven.uss.tek.com
Fri Aug 31 15:15:27 AEST 1990

In article <10266 at hubcap.clemson.edu> colflgg at hubcap.clemson.edu (john f passafiume) writes:
>We have a campus-wide license for System V and would like to get access
>to ditroff. We understand that we can send copy of cover page of license
>(the page with signatures) and small amount of $$ to Berkeley and we
>will get ditroff, pic and other stuff. Can anyone help with FAX number
>to Berkeley so that we can expedite request.

Actually you might try groff (GNU roff), which is a direct replacement
for ditroff, pic, tbl, eqn, and transcript, and is FREE.  I don't know
about portability to SysV, but it's worth a try.  It's available via
ftp from gatekeeper.dec.com (16.1.0.2).  We've installed and tested
it and are quite pleased.

Mike

--
 Michael Ewan    (503)627-6468      Internet:  mike at raven.USS.TEK.COM
 Unix Systems Support                   UUCP:  ...!tektronix!puffin!raven!mike