Recreational Computing policies, guidelines, etc.

Vaughan Turner vturner at nmsu.EDU
Thu Dec 6 11:19:56 AEST 1990

We are attempting to set up a campus-wide computing policy here at
NMSU.

I'm interested in what policies other universities (businesses, etc)
are using, and how effective they are.

I'd really like to know about *in place* policies (including "we don't
have a policy") and problems resulting/alleviated by these policies.

For the time being, I am *NOT* asking for a "Well, I think..." series
of responses.

Some people may relate the term "recreational computing" to game
playing, but I would like it to be broader than that.  It should also
include programming for fun, etc.

I am looking for policy on any type of recreational computing, be it
on multi-user systems (Unix boxes) as well as standalone machines
(IBMs, Macs, etc).

Thanks for your attention,

Vaughan
                     VaughAn Turner     Internet: vturner at nmsu.edu
     Networking/Workstation Support     Box 30001, Dept. 3AT
    Computer Center, Networking/WSC     Las Cruces, New Mexico
        New Mexico State University     88003-0001
        Bitnet: vturner at nmsu.bitnet     UUCP: ucbvax!nmsu.edu!vturner
  Work: (505) 646-4244     FAX: (505) 646-5278      Home: (505) 522-3653

     Home Address: 1115 Larry Drive     Las Cruces, New Mexico 88001-5457

"...the first rule of engineering [is] to work with Earth's natural forces,
never against them."
                                                     "Earth"  by David Brin