Denying ListHosts

Michael Temkin mst at mx.csun.edu
Mon Dec 10 04:03:07 AEST 1990

In article <1990Dec05.174635.12385 at cs.widener.edu> brendan at cs.widener.edu (Brendan Kehoe) writes:

> Is it possible to have my dns service [standard Sun named] deny the
                            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>    Brendan Kehoe - Widener Sun Network Manager - brendan at cs.widener.edu

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but I heard (from a friend who
got it from an SE at SUN) that sun does not support dns (atleast not without
running NIS), nor do they have any intention of ever supporting dns.  If it
is supported (without NIS) someone please fill me in on how.

T.I.A,

Mike.

--
Mike Temkin
mst at csun.edu
Cal. State U. Northridge, School of Engineering and Computer Science
Voice phone: (818) 885-3919