Advice on change of tape drive please.

Leslie Mikesell les at chinet.chi.il.us
Mon Dec 3 14:27:05 AEST 1990

In article <1990Nov24.124017.11376 at virtech.uucp> cpcahil at virtech.UUCP (Conor P. Cahill) writes:

>If you erase the DC600A, you will also be able to use it for writing on
        ^^^^^^
>the QIC-150 drive.  The output will be written in QIC120 format (which
>will give you 120MB per tape).

I haven't seen anyone else mention this before but it does match my experience
and I wonder if it is the real source of the problems that are being brought
up about using these drives with DC600A's.   I had a lot of trouble re-using
old 3b2 32Meg formatted tapes until I started doing a couple of erase passes
on them first.

Les Mikesell
  les at chinet.chi.il.us