FTP and tcsh don't mix

Ronald S. Woan ron at woan
Thu Nov 8 04:19:55 AEST 1990

In article <ramsey.657905203 at sundance>, ramsey at sundance.llnl.gov
(Susanne Ramsey) writes:
Susanne> I have a sun 4/330 which I just upgraded to SUNOS 4.1.  As we
Susanne> have been de- bugging we have found that a person who has
Susanne> tcsh as a default shell can not FTP to that account.  Any
Susanne> other shell seems to work just fine..  We have the latest
Susanne> version of tcsh ( i think 8-))

I think most administrators have seen this before. It is usually
caused by not having /bin/tcsh defined as a login shell in
/etc/shells.

					Ron

+ Ronald S. Woan       woan at peyote.cactus.org or woan%austin at iinus1.ibm.com +
+ other email addresses             Prodigy: XTCR74A Compuserve: 73530,2537 +