Advice on change of tape drive please.

Bill Codding peda at simplicity.Stanford.EDU
Tue Nov 27 06:32:37 AEST 1990

In article <1990Nov24.124017.11376 at virtech.uucp> cpcahil at virtech.uucp (Conor P. Cahill) writes:

   In article <OPERATOR.90Nov20104952 at expya.cs.exeter.ac.uk> operator at cs.exeter.ac.uk (Sue Charles) writes:
   >Or is it a case of scrapping the lot! and using the new 150mbytes
   >data tapes.

   If you are going to buy some new tapes, but DC6250s which will store
   250MB in QIC-150 format (longer tape)

Please see my post regarding the dangers of mixing tapes on a drive.
In particular, it has been recommended that DC6250's NOT be mixed with
DC600A/DC6150.

Can anyone let me know by e-mail if the post (also a reply to Sue Charles'
message) got out?  I can also send a copy by e-mail if anyone needs it.
The post was a summary of information from 3M and Archive on the
proper use and mixing of tapes in QIC-150 and QIC-24 drives.