terminal watcher?

Jonathan O'Neal jko at jdyx.UUCP
Mon Nov 5 19:30:04 AEST 1990

efinley%peruvian.utah.edu at cs.utah.edu (Elliott Finley) writes:

>Sorry if this has been asked recently, I haven't been following this
>group.

>We are switching some of our INGRES applications from VMS to ULTRIX
>and here is the situation...

>On the vms machines we have a terminal watcher program that comes in
>really handy when a user calls up and says "I'm getting such and such
>error".  To find out exactly what the problem is, we just watch the
>terminal and have them generate the error again.

>So the question, is there the same kind of utility for UNIX (ULTRIX)?
>If so, where can I get it from (preferably FTP)

>  Thanks in advance...
>        Please reply to efinley at peruvian.utah.edu (Elliot Finley)
>                  as I don't read this group regularly...
   Please also reply to jko at jdyx.atlanta.ga.us (or to this group) - I'm also
interested.  We have a similar program on our Prime system that allows both
terminal "peeking" and terminal "poking" (writing to their input buffer,
effectively letting you type for them).  We're moving from Prime to Unix and
really need such a program...

   Thanks in advance.

   -jko