Coherent *nix (was Concurrent UNIX)

Marc Unangst mju at mudos.ann-arbor.mi.us
Fri Nov 2 15:12:24 AEST 1990

tvf at cci632.UUCP (Tom Frauenhofer) writes:
> On a serious multi-user system it wouldn't be so hot, but on most serious
> multi-user systems that I'm familiar with, they also have single
> switches/buttons that could bring down the system Real Fast (including
> hardware resets on 80x86 machines).

Most serious multi-user systems also have locking panels that cover
switches that bring the system down Real Fast, because bringing the
system down Real Fast is not usually a Desirable Thing to Do,
Especially By Accident.

Most serious multi-user systems are also kept in locked closets or
restricted-access computer rooms, not sitting under the sysadmin's
desk.

--
Marc Unangst               |
mju at mudos.ann-arbor.mi.us  | "Bus error: passengers dumped"