Exabyte woes...

Gord Wait a708 at mindlink.UUCP
Fri Nov 2 02:07:17 AEST 1990

We have had an Exabyte drive on our Sun Sparc Network for 6 months or so, and
so far I have NEVER had a tape error listed... In fact it makes me feel
paranoid that there are no errors at all.. but several tests of the tapes I
make show they are fine. My only beef is the fan, which should be: 1. Slower or
2. Blowing the other way, cause the tape drive sucks up dust like a vacuum
cleaner, so there is almost always a ring of dust around the tape door....

Gord Wait