Why idle backups??

Chris Torek chris at mimsy.umd.edu
Fri Nov 2 03:19:52 AEST 1990

In article <27337 at mimsy.umd.edu> I wrote:
>... This prevents `restore' from seeing a regular file in the middle
>of the directory listing, which hopelessly confuses old versions
>of restore (and possibly new ones as well).

That really ought to be `probably' (I was thinking of hacking restore
to make it scan on a few more files after the first `file' to see if
maybe there are some more directories around---this would not recover
from all such errors, but would handle most).

>  E. All the files being dumped (see item C above).

That should have been `item D'.

>... which ... that ...

Oops, was not careful to use `that' when defining and `which' when
describing.  (I was pressed for time---wanted to be out in time to
join the grad students in a small Halloween excursion....)
--
In-Real-Life: Chris Torek, Univ of MD Comp Sci Dept (+1 301 405 2750)
Domain:	chris at cs.umd.edu	Path:	uunet!mimsy!chris