Sendmail config problem

Mark Measures measures at evax.arl.utexas.edu
Thu Nov 1 06:19:07 AEST 1990

I'm having a problem with the address generated when someone tries to
reply to a mail message.  I'm running Unix V 3.2.2 with Wollongong
TCP/IP 3.01 on an AT&T 3B2/700.  The mail program is 'mailx.'  When
a user receives a message using mailx (which I think is basically the
mail program from BSD Unix) and tries to reply, the message is always
sent back to root.  This is because the 'From:' line lists the sender
as root.  I think the problem is in the sendmail.cf config file, but I
have not been able to remedy it.  I would appreciate mail responses to
this problem.  Thanks.

| Mark Measures                | "I don't know what the program-  |
| Univ. of Texas at Arlington  |  ming language of the year 2000  |
| Arlington, TX                |  will look like, but it will be  |
| measures at evax.arl.utexas.edu |  called Fortran."  - Dijkstra    |