saving console i/o

Pete Gregory pete at wvus.wciu.edu
Fri Nov 30 07:35:03 AEST 1990

We need to find a way to capture all /dev/console i/o for saving in a file,
while being transparent to anyone on that console.

Reason: we're a large production shop, and our managers are accustomed to
a feature on our other mainframes in which all keystrokes and output are
saved to a file.  We'd like to be able to do the same on our Unisys 6000/70's.
These are AT&T SysV.3 machines without 'typescript' or whatever that Berkeley
utility is.

Ignorant minds want to know...

Pete Gregory, UNIX SA  |  pete at wvus.wciu.edu                  |
World Vision USA/ISD   |  wciu!wvus!pete                   ___|___
919 W. Huntingon Dr.   |  Voice: 818/357-7979 x3347           |
Monrovia, CA  91016    |  FAX:   818/303-6212                 |