Who's in charge here: Oracle or Unix?

Robert M. Wise rmwise at jjmhome.UUCP
Wed Feb 13 09:44:55 AEST 1991

In article <237 at raysnec.UUCP> shwake at raysnec.UUCP (Ray Shwake) writes:
>gbarnet at uswnvg.UUCP (Gary Barnette) writes:
>>Request for open discussion:
>
>>There has been a battle going on around here on administrating
>>some of the system flat files associated with Unix. The file of concern
>>are /etc/passwd, /etc/group, /etc/hosts, and some configuration files
>>used by a menuing system.
>
>	Well, I cast my vote strongly with the SA staff - and not just

Well, I do too! People who want to hear about the disaster that the
DB approach can be should read comp.unix.aix.  IBM decided to create
this monster from heck called SMIT that uses the database approach.
It's rather appalling.  I won't summarize here.  Go read the group and
weep (or laugh).

-Bob Wise
rmwise at jjmhome.uucp