UUCP Accounting

Scott Ballantyne sdb%hotmomma at uunet.uu.net
Mon Feb 18 09:28:39 AEST 1991

Hello:

Is there a canonical way to keep track of connect time on a per-site
basis when our system calls out with mail/news?  After looking at
the manuals, it appears the only way is to write a program to scan the
uucp log files and compute connect time and charges based on the
entries for each system.  We would prefer not to enable process
accounting.

1) Did I miss an option to UUCP that will cause it to keep connect time
   totals on its own?

2) Has anyone done this that could provide a solution/advice before I
   re-invent the wheel on my own?

OS is SunOS 4.1 on a 3/60, with the new HDB/BNU UUCP.

Mail or post replies, if there is enough interest, I will summarize
for the net.

Scott

--
{sdb%hotmomma at uunet.uu.net | hotmomma!sdb at uunet.uu.net | uunet!hotmomma!sdb}
"A hacker is a machine for turning coffee into programs"