Adding a motd to anon ftp

Willem Jan Withagen wjw at ebs.eb.ele.tue.nl
Fri Feb 1 21:38:15 AEST 1991

In article <^?#&8Q$@rpi.edu> kyriazis at iear.arts.rpi.edu (George Kyriazis) writes:
>In article <1155 at macuni.mqcc.mq.oz> ifarqhar at sunb.mqcc.mq.oz.au (Ian Farquhar) writes:
>>I have noticed, when using anonymous ftp to other sites, that some systems
>>present a motd-like message when you log into them.  Checking the ftpd

>From what I know, you have to alter the source code to do that; provided
>you do have source, of course..

You can get the sources at {blizzard,ocf}.berkely.edu. And you might want
to get hold of the RFC959 which describes the protocol used for ftp.
I'll require some tries before you've got this one working.

You might also care to look at the one i've patched up:
	ftp.eb.ele.tue.nl(131.155.2.25): /pub/apollo/myftpd.tar.v34.Z

Ciao,
	Willem Jan Withagen.

Eindhoven University of Technology   DomainName:  wjw at eb.ele.tue.nl
Digital Systems Group, Room EH 10.10
P.O. 513                             Tel: +31-40-473401
5600 MB Eindhoven                    The Netherlands