Error in SunOS4.1.1 /etc/rc

Richard Czech czech at gmdzi.gmd.de
Wed Feb 27 19:28:16 AEST 1991

In article <1991Feb25.201609.26138 at daffy.cs.wisc.edu>,
dean at fyvie.cs.wisc.edu (Dean Luick) writes:
|>In article <4132 at gmdzi.gmd.de> czech at gmdzi.gmd.de writes:
|>>              I get an error message:
|>>
|>> su: illegal option -- c
|>> 	usage: uucico [-xNUM] [-r[0|1]] -sSYSTEM -uUSERID -dSPOOL -iINTERFACE
|>
|>The program su starts the shell program for uucp (from /etc/passwd)
|>and hands it the "-c <command>" as an argument.  Unfortunately, the "shell"
|>for uucp is uucico, not the expected "regular" shell, like sh, csh, etc.
|>Consequently, uucico fails with the above error message.

Thank you all for the replies and mails. The problem was a wrong entry
in /etc/passwd which defined uucico as the login shell for the uucp
account.
   regards
        Richard Czech                  e-mail: czech at gmdzi.gmd.DE
          GMD-E.I.S.                           czech at gmdzi.UUCP
        P.O.Box 12 40                  phone:  (+49) 2241 14 2039
D-5205 St. Augustin 1, Germany         fax:    (+49) 2241 14 2342