"The Unix System Administrator's Handbook"

Steven Freed CIRT sfreed at ariel.unm.edu
Sun Feb 10 07:45:15 AEST 1991

In article <1991Feb9.115349 at quercus.gsfc.nasa.gov>, karl at quercus.gsfc.nasa.gov (Karl Anderson) writes:
-> In article <1991Feb09.031341.15364 at ariel.unm.edu>, sfreed at ariel.unm.edu
-> (Steven Freed CIRT) writes:
-> |>
-> |> In article <1991Feb8.203954.9192 at dgbt.doc.ca>, don at dgbt.doc.ca
-> (Donald McLachlan) writes:
-> |> >
-> |> > 	I don't know if they are incompetent or not, but this is not
-> |> > enough info for the people in our library to track it down.
-> |>
-> |> First of all, I have met Evi, taken classes taught by  her, and know
-> that
-> |> she is very competent. As for the others, I have not met, but
-> knowing
-> |> Evi and the company she keeps, they would rank right up there with
-> |> her.
->
-> I interpreted Mr. McLachlan's comment about competence to refer to the
-> people in his library, not Evi and her co-authors.  Was I right?

Well, after reading your article and a couple of letters sent to me, and
re-reading the original article, this time while bright-eyed and bushy-
tailed in the morning, instead of after 13 hours of work, I must whole-
heartedly agree with you.

Although I am a bit embarrassed at my mis-interpretation of the possibly
incompetent "they", I must, however, stay by my comments, but, of course,
do not have the slightest notion of the competency of the staff in Mr.
McLachlan's library.;-)

As a side note, I have generally found that the local bookstores (even
the campus bookstore) have been much better in finding recEntly published
books for me than the library. If I then wish for the library to consider
ordering the book, I then take the collected information to them. This can
ususally be done via phone.
--

Thanks,
Steve.                    sfreed at ariel.unm.edu