keeping wtmp

lubkt at vax1.cc.lehigh.edu lubkt at vax1.cc.lehigh.edu
Mon Feb 4 14:49:14 AEST 1991

There has been considerable discussions over wtmp, mostly with respect
to its size. On our network of Suns, these files keep only daily
information, and after a day get automatically resetted. I am not
running any cron to cut their sizes, but I am running accounting (the
standard ones). Is it true that the accounting program is resetting my
wtmp? I want retain wtmp records for a period longer than a day.

B.