Giving users access to CDROM

J Eric Townsend jet at karazm.math.uh.edu
Mon Jul 1 12:56:28 AEST 1991

In article <JC.91Jun30161309 at condor.bu.edu> jc at raven.bu.edu (James Cameron) writes:
>System: SunOS 4.1.1 on SparcStation 2 with a CDROM
>Problem: The cdrom needs to be used by general users.  However,
>	 mount and umount can only be used by root, regardless
>	 of the file attributes.  So, can someone show me how
>	 to make simple setuid and setgid programs to solve
>	 such dilemma?

Why not either:
0.  Use the automounter (I haven't tried it with cdrom, bt should work);
1.  Leave the CD mounted all the time;
2.  Buy a jukebox, they're only $1200 or so from Young Minds...

--
J. Eric Townsend - jet at uh.edu - bitnet: jet at UHOU - vox: (713) 749-2126
Systems Wrangler, University of Houston Department of Mathematics