Is MAXUPRC broken in SunOS 4.0.3 ?

Christine Hogan chogan at maths.tcd.ie
Sun Mar 31 04:47:49 AEST 1991

In <7705 at idunno.Princeton.EDU> pfalstad at phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Paul Falstad) writes:
>I don't think the value in sys/param.h makes any difference.  In
>SunOS 4.1.1, at least, the limiting factor on user processes is the
>variable maxuprc, which for some strange reason is set to 5+16*MAXUSERS.

I had a look at /vmunix and this is true.  But it still doesn't
seem to work.  For one thing, we got "proc: table is full"
messages with that _one_ user logged on.  But also I used
adb to temporarily change it down to 7 (!!), rebooted and
it had _no_ effect.  I could go well over my "limit" of 7.
Any suggestions / comments ?

--
Christine.
chogan at maths.tcd.ie                    ...!mcsun!maths.tcd.ie!chogan