Unix security additions

Tiggr rcpieter at wsinfo11.info.win.tue.nl
Tue Mar 12 00:36:19 AEST 1991

PLS at cup.portal.com (Paul L Schauble) writes:

>I'm curious: What do you think are the five most significant changes or
>additions that have been made to Unix to improve its security?

Which brings up the question of the largest still existing security
leak:  Why does UNIX still trust the network (ethernet in most cases)
it is attached to?  Nothing is simpler than plugging a PC into an
ethernet (for instance using a PC at a publicly accessible place) and
watch the packets go by.  Five minutes waiting brings you a lot of
passwords.  When will internet packets start being encrypted?

Just an itchy feeling...
Tiggr