Problems with FTP in a NIS slave server

James Cameron jc at albatross.bu.edu
Sun Mar 31 19:41:10 AEST 1991

System:  SunOS 4.1.1c on SparcStation 2 running NIS as a slave server

Problem: Users cannot ftp to machine.  Anonymous ftp works fine.

Comments: Just upgraded to a 4.1.1c and we did not have any problems with
          ftp before the upgrade.  The necessary NIS programs have been
          supposed run, but I can't seem to find the problem.  Users
          can rlogin to the machine with no problem.  It looks like
          it is simply not looking at the NIS passwd map, but it should
          be (I think).

JC

--
James Cameron  -  jc at raven.bu.edu        |  "But to risk we must, for the
Signal Processing and Interpretation Lab |  greatest hazard in life is to risk