**argv Rewrites (was Re: Kmem security)

Bernd Felsche bernie at metapro.DIALix.oz.au
Sun Mar 24 15:47:03 AEST 1991

As an aside, I've noticed that I can't rewrite the command line
arguments under Sys V/68 R3.2.  It worked a while back under V.0.

Why would anybody want to do this? Well, simply to be able to report
what a long running or daemon process is doing by running ps.

Does the kernel now make a copy of the memory for the process and keep
a pristine version in kmem?
--
Bernd Felsche,                 _--_|\   #include <std/disclaimer.h>
Metapro Systems,              / sale \  Fax:   +61 9 472 3337