vi "TMP file too large" error

Bob McGowen x4312 dept208 bob at wyse.wyse.com
Fri Mar 1 10:16:12 AEST 1991

In article <tim.667224648 at holly> tim at dell.co.uk (Tim Wright) writes:
>In <jsrobins.667129377 at galaxy.afit.af.mil> news at afit.af.mil writes:
>
>>I'm having problems editing large files over 300k with vi on our ATT 3B2.
>>We're running System V3.3 Unix.  When I try to edit a large file, vi reads

---

>got a brain-dead version. The System V/386 version doesn't suffer from
	Not true, in my experience.  SysV/386 vi does works this way.
	In fact it is a real pain 'cause I cannot just look at any old
	big file (like /usr/adm/messages).
>this ridiculous state of affairs (at least under ISC/SCO). You could moan at
	So ISC and SCO obviously changed the DEFINE.
	Without source, you would have to switch editors or use split.
	Complain to the supplier, maybe the info in this post can help
	them fix it.

Bob McGowan  (standard disclaimer, these are my own ...)
Product Support, Wyse Technology, San Jose, CA
..!uunet!wyse!bob
bob at wyse.com