How do you make your UNIX crash ???

Keith "Cheese Whiz" Gabryelski ag at amix.commodore.com
Wed Mar 13 09:32:03 AEST 1991

In article <513 at bria> uunet!bria!mike writes:
>In an article, tndsyd.oz.au!berny (Berny Goodheart) writes:
>>I am interested in finding out known ways to make your version of
>>UNIX crash.
>
>[Code to scribble on /dev/kmem--deleted]

Sheeeeiiittt.  Just `reading' from /dev/kmem can hose your system if
you have write-only registers mapped into kernel address space.  Try:
``cat /dev/kmem >/dev/null''.

Pax, Keith
--
Too many people take too many risks.  Too many people I see get dis'd.
Keith Gabryelski                                 Advanced Products Group