Reliability Exabyte tapes

Brian Colfer brianc at labmed.ucsf.edu
Wed Mar 6 10:36:41 AEST 1991

In article <1991Feb27.191216.5859 at sobeco.com> sdesmara at sobeco.com (s.desmarais) writes:
>>In article <1781 at svin02.info.win.tue.nl>, hansb at svin02.info.win.tue.nl (Hans Bouw) writes:
#>> The consensus was that the most reliable tapes were Exabyte's and
#>> SONY P6-120MPs.  Re the latter, there was a consensus that 1 out of
#>> apx. every 40-50 cartridges or so were found to be defective.  Our
#>> relatively short-term experience (apx. 7 months) has con- firmed this.

>Is there any comparative study that was done on the reliability of the
>different media available (the ol' 9-track, exabytes, streamers,
>worm disks/laser disks, etc).  If so, could you point me to one?

Especially DAT... sinice this is the most comparable subsystem to the
Exabyte...
--
Brian  Colfer          | UC San Francisco        |------------------------|
                       | Dept. of Lab. Medicine  | System Administrator,  |