"copytape" makes exact duplicates of most tapes -- Newer version?

Karl Anderson karl at quercus.gsfc.nasa.gov
Wed Mar 20 00:53:00 AEST 1991

In article <1991Mar19.061406.6519 at leland.Stanford.EDU>,
buc at jessica.stanford.edu (Robert Richards) writes:

|> The program "copytape" makes exact duplicates of SUN 1/4" tapes and
|> DEC tapes and probably others.  This includes boot tapes.  Copytape
is
|> available by anonymous ftp from,
|>
|> 	ftp.acsu.buffalo.edu                    ! in pub/copytape.tar
|> 	titan.rice.edu
|>
|> However, "copytape" fails on tapes that contains files whose record
|> size changes in a file.  [stuff deleted]
|>
|> Does anyone know of a modified "copytape" that can handle this
|> situation?

Does anyone know if "copytape" can, or will someday, copy SUN
distribution CDs
to tape?  This would be well-received following SMI's recent,
*ill-received*
(by me, at least) announcement that they will distribute software on CD
only.

Karl A. Anderson		| Internet: karl at forest.gsfc.nasa.gov
NASA/GSFC code 923 (STX)	| voice: (301) 286-3815
Greenbelt, MD 20771		| #include "std_disclaimer"