How do you make your UNIX crash ???

Gerry Swetsky lisbon at vpnet.chi.il.us
Sat Mar 16 09:00:55 AEST 1991

In article <668821542.3830 at mindcraft.com> ronnie at mindcraft.com (Ronnie Kon) writes:
>May I suggest that posting ways of crashing machines may not be the best of
>ideas?

    Nah, that's okay, Ronnie.  We're just compiling names of the idea
    posters here in case any one of them ever applies for a shell
    account on vpnet.  :-)

    There's an ultra nasty way to bring Unix to a halt with a three
    line shell script.  Dennis Ritchie wrote about in an article on
    Unix security some years back.  How is it done?  Let me on your
    system - I'll demonstrate!  Meanwhile, keep your cutsie memory
    constipating programs on your own systems and off mine.